WOOSTOCK, Vt. (AP) — A Woodstock art gallery is the latest to be recognized as a Vermont State Craft Center Gallery.
The designation for the gallery, named Collective – The Art Of Craft, was announced by the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing.
To recognize its new designation, Collective – The Art Of Craft is hosting an opening party on Saturday that will also feature guest artists.
Galleries and education centers that apply for state designation are judged on a variety of measures, including the diversity and quality of work and the breadth and quality of class offerings in education organizations.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
Collective Founder Marcia Hammond says they’re delighted to be recognized by the state of Vermont and to join the other wonderful organizations that have already been honored.