WOOSTOCK, Vt. (AP) — A Woodstock art gallery is the latest to be recognized as a Vermont State Craft Center Gallery.
The designation for the gallery, named Collective – The Art Of Craft, was announced by the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing.
To recognize its new designation, Collective – The Art Of Craft is hosting an opening party on Saturday that will also feature guest artists.
Galleries and education centers that apply for state designation are judged on a variety of measures, including the diversity and quality of work and the breadth and quality of class offerings in education organizations.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
Collective Founder Marcia Hammond says they’re delighted to be recognized by the state of Vermont and to join the other wonderful organizations that have already been honored.