SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — About 200 people rallied inside Utah’s Capitol building Thursday to celebrate International Women’s Day and hear a performance from the indie band Lucius.
The event put on by Salt Lake City radio station KRCL coincided with the final day of the state Legislature’s 2018 session.
Speakers at the event included Karrie Galloway of the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah and Sue Robbins of the Utah Pride Center.
They encouraged women to register to vote, run for office and become more politically engaged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Idaho wildlife official resigns after killing baboon family
- Interrogation gone wrong, rogue killers: What happened to Saudi journalist?