SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — About 200 people rallied inside Utah’s Capitol building Thursday to celebrate International Women’s Day and hear a performance from the indie band Lucius.
The event put on by Salt Lake City radio station KRCL coincided with the final day of the state Legislature’s 2018 session.
Speakers at the event included Karrie Galloway of the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah and Sue Robbins of the Utah Pride Center.
They encouraged women to register to vote, run for office and become more politically engaged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
- How the rural-urban divide became America’s political fault line