SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — About 200 people rallied inside Utah’s Capitol building Thursday to celebrate International Women’s Day and hear a performance from the indie band Lucius.
The event put on by Salt Lake City radio station KRCL coincided with the final day of the state Legislature’s 2018 session.
Speakers at the event included Karrie Galloway of the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah and Sue Robbins of the Utah Pride Center.
They encouraged women to register to vote, run for office and become more politically engaged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH