SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — About 200 people rallied inside Utah’s Capitol building Thursday to celebrate International Women’s Day and hear a performance from the indie band Lucius.
The event put on by Salt Lake City radio station KRCL coincided with the final day of the state Legislature’s 2018 session.
Speakers at the event included Karrie Galloway of the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah and Sue Robbins of the Utah Pride Center.
They encouraged women to register to vote, run for office and become more politically engaged.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing