MARDELA SPRINGS, Md. (AP) — Maryland State Police say three children endured physical beatings and were reportedly forced to eat dog feces.
A Wednesday news release says investigators determined the victims lived with 29-year-old Amanda R. Wright and her live-in girlfriend, 25-year-old Besline Joseph.
Police say they were reportedly fed a diet of bread, water, oatmeal, and at times forced to eat dog feces.
An investigation revealed the children, ages 8, 9, and 10, also endured physical beatings, were assaulted with an electronic control device and that they were reportedly locked in closets and a basement.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Wright and Joseph were charged with three counts each of first-degree child abuse, among other offenses. The relationship between the women and the children was not immediately known.
It’s unclear if either of the woman have lawyers.