NORTH LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say they’re looking for a man who stole an 84-year-old woman’s purse while she was praying in a Florida church.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office news release says the theft happened at Our Lady Queen of Heaven in North Lauderdale on Dec. 20.
Surveillance video shows a man walking into the small chapel area and sitting down in the back. After a few seconds, he stands and begins to pace. He eventually sneaks up and takes a purse from the chair next to the woman and walks out a nearby door. The woman notices a few moments later and attempts to follow, but the man has already disappeared.
The release says the purse was recovered two days later at a nearby cemetery, but the woman’s wallet and money were gone.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- Beneath Biden’s folksy demeanor, a short fuse and an obsession with details
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- Greene searched Capitol office building for Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, 2019 video shows
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events