Katherine Michelle Hinds died April 29 near Seattle where she had been living.
AUBURN, Ala. — A family grieving the death of an Alabama-born woman has a request for friends and relatives: Don’t vote for Donald Trump.
Relatives of 34-year-old Katherine Michelle Hinds published an obituary Friday in the Opelika-Auburn News that includes the line: “In lieu of flowers, do not vote for Donald Trump.”
Hinds’ mother, Susan Pool, says her daughter didn’t like the presumptive Republican nominee for president and feared for the future of her three young children if he’s elected.
Pool says her daughter would have liked the anti-Trump message in her obituary although they never talked about the possibility.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- What a 'super' El Niño could mean for winter weather in the U.S.
- Rep. Jamaal Bowman triggered a fire alarm in a House office building amid voting on a funding bill
- McCarthy to face far-right attempt to oust him as House speaker
- She challenges one school book a week. She says she'll never stop.
Hinds died April 29 near Seattle, Washington, where she had been living. Her father, Allen Hinds, says an autopsy is being performed to determine the cause of death.