WOODLAND, Calif. (AP) — Police say the body of a Northern California woman reported missing a day after her sister was killed in a car crash has been found and her ex-boyfriend is a suspect in her killing.
The body of 21-year-old Karen Garcia was found Sunday in her car in a store’s parking lot. Police say her ex-boyfriend, Salvador Garcia, became a suspect after investigators found blood evidence at the Williams apartment they shared before breaking up and in his car.
Karen Garcia’s 19-year-old sister Jessica was one of six people killed Jan. 7 when their vehicle was struck by a woman driving the wrong way on Interstate 5.
Karen went missing the following day. Her friends and family initially thought she wanted to get away to grieve her sister’s death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen