WOODLAND, Calif. (AP) — Police say the body of a Northern California woman reported missing a day after her sister was killed in a car crash has been found and her ex-boyfriend is a suspect in her killing.
The body of 21-year-old Karen Garcia was found Sunday in her car in a store’s parking lot. Police say her ex-boyfriend, Salvador Garcia, became a suspect after investigators found blood evidence at the Williams apartment they shared before breaking up and in his car.
Karen Garcia’s 19-year-old sister Jessica was one of six people killed Jan. 7 when their vehicle was struck by a woman driving the wrong way on Interstate 5.
Karen went missing the following day. Her friends and family initially thought she wanted to get away to grieve her sister’s death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect