WOODLAND, Calif. (AP) — Police say the body of a Northern California woman reported missing a day after her sister was killed in a car crash has been found and her ex-boyfriend is a suspect in her killing.
The body of 21-year-old Karen Garcia was found Sunday in her car in a store’s parking lot. Police say her ex-boyfriend, Salvador Garcia, became a suspect after investigators found blood evidence at the Williams apartment they shared before breaking up and in his car.
Karen Garcia’s 19-year-old sister Jessica was one of six people killed Jan. 7 when their vehicle was struck by a woman driving the wrong way on Interstate 5.
Karen went missing the following day. Her friends and family initially thought she wanted to get away to grieve her sister’s death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire