NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. (AP) — Police say a 33-year-old woman was expected to undergo a mental evaluation after she was arrested trying to climb the fence of a North Las Vegas school with a pickax in her hand.
Officer Eric Leavitt said Wednesday that Kisstal Killough appeared to be under the influence of an unspecified drug and was threatening to kill people before she was jailed a little before noon Tuesday.
Leavitt says Killough lives near Tom Williams Elementary School, and neighbors and school officials called police when they saw her pacing with the landscaping tool in the parking lot while children were in the school yard.
Killough was being held pending an initial court appearance at which she is expected to have an attorney appointed to represent her on felony assault with a weapon and misdemeanor trespass, nuisance and loitering charges.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘It’s ugly out there’: Rail thefts leave LA tracks littered with pilfered packages
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'