KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — The Florida woman who sued Casey Anthony for defamation has been accused of stealing a cancer patient’s credit card and using it to spend $850 at stores around Kissimmee and Orlando.
Osceola County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Twis Lizasuain tells news outlets that 45-year-old Zenaida Gonzalez and 26-year-old Jonattan E. Acevedo were each arrested Wednesday on charges of credit card theft and grand theft.
Authorities say the suspects had jobs cleaning rooms at a Kissimmee motel in December when they stole a credit card belonging to a 64-year-old man who lived in the motel and had been visiting a hospital for cancer treatment.
Gonzalez filed a defamation lawsuit against Anthony in 2013, saying her reputation was smeared when Anthony told investigators a baby sitter of the same name had kidnapped her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, who was eventually found dead. The lawsuit was dismissed in September. Anthony was acquitted of murder in her daughter’s death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
- ‘Giant backfire’: Trump’s demand for special master is looking like a mistake | Analysis
- Floods trap many in Florida as Ian heads to South Carolina
- FDA announces a new definition of what's ‘healthy’
- Trump records probe: Tensions flare over special master