WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Police say a 59-year-old woman has been killed in a crash west Wichita.
Police Sgt. Troy Nedbalek tells the Wichita Eagle that the woman was driving a sport utility vehicle and had pulled over to the curb Saturday morning to observe a funeral procession when a van slammed into the back of her SUV. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
The woman’s mother, who was a passenger in her vehicle, and the driver of the van were taken to a hospital in fair condition.
Investigators say they don’t know why the driver of the van didn’t see vehicles stopped next to the curb as he traveled north.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
- Police now say no evidence of planned big Hollywood shooting
- Trump outlines plan to attack trans rights if reelected
- Can a trillion-dollar coin break the debt gridlock in Washington?
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com