STEELE, N.D. (AP) — A woman convicted of embezzling from a North Dakota drilling contractor has been ordered to pay more than $690,000 in restitution.
The Bismarck Tribune reports that Judge James Hill ordered 51-year-old Melinda Strom to pay restitution to Northland Boring in the full amount that prosecutors and the victim requested.
Strom was a secretary for the business. She pleaded guilty last month to a felony charge of misapplication of entrusted property but disputed the amount.
Defense attorney Bobbi Weiler said she and her client had no comment on the restitution order.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
Northland Boring had an office in Bismarck but has since consolidated operations to Steele.
Information from: Bismarck Tribune, http://www.bismarcktribune.com