TETERBORO, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a New York woman who breached security at a New Jersey airport and drove her car across two runways has been charged with criminal trespass and other counts.
Port Authority police say 31-year-old Ciara Schultz, of Ballston Spa, followed an authorized vehicle through an open gate at Teterboro Airport around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. She then drove across the runways before she stopped and fled on foot.
Authorities say no planes were on the runways at the time.
Police tracked Schultz down to a nearby home in Moonachie and took her into custody. Authorities say she has been released but was taken to a hospital for an evaluation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH
The Port Authority says it is investigating how to prevent such a breach from happening again.