TETERBORO, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a New York woman who breached security at a New Jersey airport and drove her car across two runways has been charged with criminal trespass and other counts.
Port Authority police say 31-year-old Ciara Schultz, of Ballston Spa, followed an authorized vehicle through an open gate at Teterboro Airport around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. She then drove across the runways before she stopped and fled on foot.
Authorities say no planes were on the runways at the time.
Police tracked Schultz down to a nearby home in Moonachie and took her into custody. Authorities say she has been released but was taken to a hospital for an evaluation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
The Port Authority says it is investigating how to prevent such a breach from happening again.