LACONIA, N.H. (AP) — Police say a New Hampshire woman alerted authorities to a fire in her apartment building by pressing her medical alert pendant.
WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2roBJcq) Assistant Laconia Fire Chief Kirk Beattle said Wednesday that the initial fire report came into the medical alarm company.
Firefighters say the blaze heavily damaged the building, known as the Old Mansion. It appears to have started at about 4 a.m. on the first floor. A cause has not been released.
Neighbors said a woman ran from the building with her clothes on fire. She was hospitalized; her condition was not known.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years for helping Epstein
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- 8 bombshells from Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony at Jan. 6 hearing
- Trump tried to strangle Secret Service agent in attempt to reach Capitol on Jan. 6, aide testifies
Five families were displaced.
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com