ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A 31-year-old woman accused of killing a random victim after posting bizarre, ranting YouTube videos has been found incompetent for trial and will be placed in a psychiatric facility.
Holly Colino spoke at her court appearance in Rochester on Tuesday, telling the judge “I am a competent woman.” The judge told Colino two psychiatrists had found her “highly intelligent” but incompetent to stand trial.
The prosecutor and Colino’s lawyer agreed with the psychiatrists’ conclusions. Another competency hearing will be held in August 2018.
Colino is accused of fatally shooting Megan Dix as Dix sat in her pickup truck in a Brockport parking lot in August.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
In several YouTube videos, Colino had pointed out women in parking lots, saying they’re mimicking her hair or eyebrows and trying to steal her identity.