HOLLY, Mich. (AP) — A 55-year-old southeastern Michigan man faces charges after his wife was set on fire following an argument.
Holly Police Chief Michael Story tells The Detroit News Tuesday that the 56-year-old woman suffered second- to third-degree burns mostly on one of her legs. She was being treated at a hospital.
WXYZ-TV reports that police said the woman may have been doused with a flammable substance before being set on fire.
Story says officers were called Monday evening to the couple’s home about 50 miles northwest of Detroit. He says the woman’s injuries appear to have been sparked by an argument and the couple was “going at it and it really just got out of hand.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Her husband is jailed pending charges.