HOLLY, Mich. (AP) — A 55-year-old southeastern Michigan man faces charges after his wife was set on fire following an argument.
Holly Police Chief Michael Story tells The Detroit News Tuesday that the 56-year-old woman suffered second- to third-degree burns mostly on one of her legs. She was being treated at a hospital.
WXYZ-TV reports that police said the woman may have been doused with a flammable substance before being set on fire.
Story says officers were called Monday evening to the couple’s home about 50 miles northwest of Detroit. He says the woman’s injuries appear to have been sparked by an argument and the couple was “going at it and it really just got out of hand.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Her husband is jailed pending charges.