HOLLY, Mich. (AP) — A 55-year-old southeastern Michigan man faces charges after his wife was set on fire following an argument.
Holly Police Chief Michael Story tells The Detroit News Tuesday that the 56-year-old woman suffered second- to third-degree burns mostly on one of her legs. She was being treated at a hospital.
WXYZ-TV reports that police said the woman may have been doused with a flammable substance before being set on fire.
Story says officers were called Monday evening to the couple’s home about 50 miles northwest of Detroit. He says the woman’s injuries appear to have been sparked by an argument and the couple was “going at it and it really just got out of hand.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
Her husband is jailed pending charges.