MACON, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a Georgia woman and her son have been charged with murder in the shooting death of her boyfriend.
The Macon Telegraph reports 42-year-old Annie Pearl Jones and 22-year-old Sellers Cardell Bell Jr. were arrested Tuesday. A statement by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office says 45-year-old Larry Antonio Harden was found early Tuesday with gunshot wounds.
The agency said in a later statement that Harden was shot following an altercation involving the three. Harden was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Bibb County Coroner Leon James says Harden’s killing was the 18th homicide in the county so far this year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
Bell also is charged with possession of a gun by a convicted felon and violation of probation.
The newspaper didn’t report whether the two have a lawyer.
Information from: The Telegraph, http://www.macontelegraph.com