RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman has been shot and injured while she had a baby in her arms in an attack.
Authorities say the baby was about six months old and wasn’t wounded when they came under fire in Riviera Beach on Saturday.
WPEC-TV reports the drive-by shooting happened outside the woman’s home near an intersection moments after a parade commemorated Martin Luther King Jr. Day nearby.
The woman was taken to a nearby hospital, and police officers took the baby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Five things to know about Morehouse donor Robert F. Smith
Information from: WPEC-TV, http://www.wpecnews12.com/