RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman has been shot and injured while she had a baby in her arms in an attack.
Authorities say the baby was about six months old and wasn’t wounded when they came under fire in Riviera Beach on Saturday.
WPEC-TV reports the drive-by shooting happened outside the woman’s home near an intersection moments after a parade commemorated Martin Luther King Jr. Day nearby.
The woman was taken to a nearby hospital, and police officers took the baby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 29 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest VIEW
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
Information from: WPEC-TV, http://www.wpecnews12.com/