RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman has been shot and injured while she had a baby in her arms in an attack.
Authorities say the baby was about six months old and wasn’t wounded when they came under fire in Riviera Beach on Saturday.
WPEC-TV reports the drive-by shooting happened outside the woman’s home near an intersection moments after a parade commemorated Martin Luther King Jr. Day nearby.
The woman was taken to a nearby hospital, and police officers took the baby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
Information from: WPEC-TV, http://www.wpecnews12.com/