RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman has been shot and injured while she had a baby in her arms in an attack.
Authorities say the baby was about six months old and wasn’t wounded when they came under fire in Riviera Beach on Saturday.
WPEC-TV reports the drive-by shooting happened outside the woman’s home near an intersection moments after a parade commemorated Martin Luther King Jr. Day nearby.
The woman was taken to a nearby hospital, and police officers took the baby.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Information from: WPEC-TV, http://www.wpecnews12.com/