FAIRCHANCE, Pa. (AP) — A woman has been sentenced to 18 to 40 years in prison in the shooting death of her husband last year in their western Pennsylvania home.
The (Uniontown) Herald-Standard reports that 49-year-old Suzanne Marie Bricker pleaded guilty Wednesday afternoon to third-degree murder in Fayette County Court.
State police said she called 911 early on Sept. 23 reporting that she had shot herself and her husband. Fifty-one-year-old Steve Bricker died of a gunshot wound to the chest. Suzanne Bricker had a superficial wound.
The prosecutor, defense attorney and judge agreed that a doctor’s report indicated that Bricker had delusional disorders and issues with depression and anxiety, but not enough to warrant an insanity plea.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
She told the judge that she hopes her son will one day forgive her.
Information from: Herald-Standard, http://www.heraldstandard.com/