OXFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan woman has been ordered to spend 25 to 50 years in prison in the slayings of her adult son and her 7-month-old granddaughter.
WDIV-TV reports that Sylvia Majewska was sentenced Thursday.
Majewska, of Addison Township, pleaded no contest earlier this month to second-degree murder charges. She initially was charged with first-degree murder.
Oakland County sheriff’s deputies found the bodies of 29-year-old Daryne Gailey and his daughter, Charley Hendrick, in November 2014 at his home in Oxford Township, about 45 miles north of Detroit.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Gailey’s throat was cut. The child died of blunt force trauma.
Majewska was 65 at the time. Authorities have said she tried to kill herself by slashing her arms.