DETROIT (AP) — What time is it? It could be prison time for a woman who admits stealing at least 500 watches from her Detroit employer.
Judith Walker pleaded guilty to fraud Tuesday. She was a quality inspector at Shinola, which makes watches and bikes. Investigators say she sold watches that were retuned for possible repair.
In one text message, Walker said, “Tell your boy I have another pink one with the diamond.”
The 41-year-old could face roughly two years in prison when she returns to Ann Arbor federal court on May 9. Walker also owes $358,000 in restitution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- 9 brains, 3 hearts: Some wild facts about octopuses