DETROIT (AP) — What time is it? It could be prison time for a woman who admits stealing at least 500 watches from her Detroit employer.
Judith Walker pleaded guilty to fraud Tuesday. She was a quality inspector at Shinola, which makes watches and bikes. Investigators say she sold watches that were retuned for possible repair.
In one text message, Walker said, “Tell your boy I have another pink one with the diamond.”
The 41-year-old could face roughly two years in prison when she returns to Ann Arbor federal court on May 9. Walker also owes $358,000 in restitution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Five things to know about Morehouse donor Robert F. Smith