DETROIT (AP) — What time is it? It could be prison time for a woman who admits stealing at least 500 watches from her Detroit employer.
Judith Walker pleaded guilty to fraud Tuesday. She was a quality inspector at Shinola, which makes watches and bikes. Investigators say she sold watches that were retuned for possible repair.
In one text message, Walker said, “Tell your boy I have another pink one with the diamond.”
The 41-year-old could face roughly two years in prison when she returns to Ann Arbor federal court on May 9. Walker also owes $358,000 in restitution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH