NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire woman is running up a running streak, having just completed her 1,000th day straight of running.
Nashua resident Beth Whipple was surprised by her friends on the occasion Wednesday. WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2xjyd44 ) the woman has been running every single day since the day after Christmas 2014.
She’s racked up a total of 6,078 miles run and seven completed marathons.
However, she’s planning a retirement of sorts. After nearly three years of running every single day, Whipple says she’ll take off on Saturday.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle federal prosecutor Thomas Wales was possibly killed by hired gunman, FBI official says
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- 'It's not going to warm up': Record-breaking cold in Olympia, Bellingham as chill lingers
- See how Mount Rainier glaciers have vanished over time, with this eye-opening photo project
- Report: NBA and Kevin Durant are coming back to Seattle ... for a Warriors-Kings preseason game
She says she’ll sit on the couch, eat pancakes and watch cartoons.
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com