NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire woman is running up a running streak, having just completed her 1,000th day straight of running.
Nashua resident Beth Whipple was surprised by her friends on the occasion Wednesday. WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2xjyd44 ) the woman has been running every single day since the day after Christmas 2014.
She’s racked up a total of 6,078 miles run and seven completed marathons.
However, she’s planning a retirement of sorts. After nearly three years of running every single day, Whipple says she’ll take off on Saturday.
Most Read Stories
- Everett’s bikini baristas head to federal court to argue for freedom of exposure
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Anthony Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown' came to Seattle: What did you think of the episode?
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
She says she’ll sit on the couch, eat pancakes and watch cartoons.
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com