NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire woman is running up a running streak, having just completed her 1,000th day straight of running.
Nashua resident Beth Whipple was surprised by her friends on the occasion Wednesday. WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2xjyd44 ) the woman has been running every single day since the day after Christmas 2014.
She’s racked up a total of 6,078 miles run and seven completed marathons.
However, she’s planning a retirement of sorts. After nearly three years of running every single day, Whipple says she’ll take off on Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Sally Hemings gets her due at Monticello
- Gunfire erupts at New Jersey arts festival; 22 wounded VIEW
- Staff cuts at federal prisons have teachers, nurses guarding inmates
- 7-meter-long python swallows Indonesian woman
She says she’ll sit on the couch, eat pancakes and watch cartoons.
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com