NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — A New Hampshire woman is running up a running streak, having just completed her 1,000th day straight of running.
Nashua resident Beth Whipple was surprised by her friends on the occasion Wednesday. WMUR-TV reports (http://bit.ly/2xjyd44 ) the woman has been running every single day since the day after Christmas 2014.
She’s racked up a total of 6,078 miles run and seven completed marathons.
However, she’s planning a retirement of sorts. After nearly three years of running every single day, Whipple says she’ll take off on Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
She says she’ll sit on the couch, eat pancakes and watch cartoons.
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com