CROWN POINT, Ind. (AP) — A woman charged in the 2015 slayings of two teenage brothers in northwestern Indiana has pleaded guilty to kidnapping.
The (Northwest Indiana) Times reports 28-year-old Michelle Hughes entered the plea Tuesday and prosecutors agreed to dismiss murder charges. Hughes will face a minimum of five years in prison for the kidnapping offenses when sentenced Nov. 17.
Prosecutors say 18-year-old Arreon Lackey and 16-year-old Antonio Lackey of Gary were kidnapped from a Merrillville hotel as part of a plot to retrieve a gun. Court records say Hughes drove one of the vehicles. Authorities say they were shot in a remote area of Hobart.
Two co-defendants David Johnson IV and Jeri Woods were convicted at separate trials this year and sentenced to long prison terms. Cases are pending against others.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Times, http://www.nwitimes.com