FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a woman suffered serious burns in a bonfire mishap on Thanksgiving Day.
Franklin Township police say Taylor Lanthier was at a home when she poured gasoline on a bonfire around 3 a.m. Thursday. The flames traveled up into the can, causing it to explode.
The 28-year-old Lindenwold resident was taken to the burn treatment center at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland, Pennsylvania. She remained hospitalized Sunday.
Family members say Lanthier is in an induced coma and on a ventilator. She will soon undergo surgery to perform skin grafts,
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
No other injuries were reported in the accident.