BANGOR, Maine (AP) — A woman who is charged with two others in a fatal home invasion in Maine has pleaded not guilty.
The Bangor Daily News reports 21-year-old Alexis Locklear, of Maxton, North Carolina, was arraigned Friday in Bangor on one count each of felony murder and robbery. Locklear’s father, 43-year-old Tony Locklear, and her boyfriend, 38-year-old Christopher Murray, both previously pleaded not guilty to intentional or knowing murder, elevated aggravated assault and robbery.
Police say Wayne Lapierre was shot inside his Millinocket home on Dec. 19 and died at a hospital. Lapierre’s wife was injured, but survived.
Prosecutors say the three targeted Lapierre because he was a licensed medical marijuana grower who owned several businesses.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
All three are scheduled to go on trial January 2019.
Information from: Bangor Daily News, http://www.bangordailynews.com