ERIE, Pa. (AP) — A woman has pleaded guilty to killing her boyfriend by stabbing him, hitting him with a table leg and crushing him under the weight of her roughly 300 pounds.
Windi Thomas, of Erie, faces a sentence of 18 to 36 years after pleading guilty to third-degree murder. She had been scheduled for trial next week, but instead will be sentenced on Dec. 21.
The 44-year-old Thomas admitted killing Keeno Butler last March, partially by lying on top of him. Thomas weighs about 300 pounds, while the 44-year-old Butler weighed about 120 pounds.
The Erie Times-News reports Butler’s sister said her family is still coping with her brother’s death and had been hoping for a longer prison sentence for Thomas.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of world's plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Republicans will never stop': Obama rips GOP after Affordable Care Act is ruled unconstitutional
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
Information from: Erie Times-News, http://www.goerie.com