KETCHIKAN, Alaska (AP) — A 71-year-old woman has completed her mission of performing a headstand in all 50 states.
The Ketchikan Daily News reports retiree Anne Bruinooge checked the last state off her list Thursday as she laid down a mat and did a headstand outside of the Alaska newspaper’s office.
Bruinooge says she has been traveling around the country for the past decade, doing headstands in every state that she and her husband visit.
Bruinooge, who is an avid participant of yoga, says her motivation was simply “the fun of doing headstands.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Fired police sergeant attacks Thai day care center, kills 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- VP was in car accident; Secret Service first called it 'mechanical failure'
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
Bruinooge says she isn’t sure if anyone else has ever attempted to do a headstand in each state.
Information from: Ketchikan (Alaska) Daily News, http://www.ketchikandailynews.com