GARDNER, Kan. (AP) — A judge has found sufficient evidence for a woman to be tried in the death of her fiance’s 2-year-old daughter.
The Kansas City Star reports that 25-year-old Lindsey Thomasson entered a not guilty plea after she was bound over for trial Tuesday on a charge of first-degree murder. Prosecutors allege that Presley Porting died of child abuse in February in Gardner.
A trial date could be set at her next court appearance in January. Thomasson is jailed on $2 million bond.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com