WAMEGO, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Highway Patrol says a 38-year-old woman died and two other people were injured in a collision on an icy highway.
The crash happened late Monday on U.S. Highway 24 east of Wamego.
The patrol says a pickup truck and another vehicle collided when both drivers lost control on a bridge.
A woman in the vehicle, 38-year-old Sarah Salinas of St. Marys, died at the scene. Wamego Police Chief Michael Baker said Tuesday that Salinas was a 911 dispatcher for the department for the past 10 years.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
The man and woman in the pickup were taken to a Topeka hospital for treatment.