PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Authorities say a fast-moving fire at a Philadelphia home left a 69-year-old woman dead.
But it’s not yet known what sparked the blaze that was reported around 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
The woman was a tenant at the home who friends say was planning to move next week. She was alone in the home when the fire broke out.
The woman’s name has not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
Authorities say the fire at the two-story home apparently started on the top floor. Firefighters soon responded and brought the blaze under control in about 15 minutes.