SHAKER HEIGHTS, Ohio (AP) — A medical examiner says a Cleveland woman who was mauled by a pit bull died from bite wounds and crushing injuries to her neck, throat and body.
The cause of death for 71-year-old Annie Williams was released Tuesday.
Williams was attacked Sunday afternoon while visiting relatives at the Shaker Heights home where the dog lived. She later died at a hospital. A neighbor stopped the attack by shooting the pit bull as it mauled Williams in the driveway. Police later shot and killed the dog.
A Shaker Heights police spokesman said Monday that no arrests had been made because no one living at the home had claimed ownership of the dog. He said Tuesday that there was no new information to release.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Plan would return beachfront taken from Black family in '20s
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Woman gets pregnant while already pregnant, gives birth to twins conceived 3 weeks apart