SHAKER HEIGHTS, Ohio (AP) — A medical examiner says a Cleveland woman who was mauled by a pit bull died from bite wounds and crushing injuries to her neck, throat and body.
The cause of death for 71-year-old Annie Williams was released Tuesday.
Williams was attacked Sunday afternoon while visiting relatives at the Shaker Heights home where the dog lived. She later died at a hospital. A neighbor stopped the attack by shooting the pit bull as it mauled Williams in the driveway. Police later shot and killed the dog.
A Shaker Heights police spokesman said Monday that no arrests had been made because no one living at the home had claimed ownership of the dog. He said Tuesday that there was no new information to release.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events