DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman is dead after being hit by a Florida commuter train.
The Palm Beach Post reports that Tri-Rail trains were stopped in both directions for several hours Wednesday afternoon around Delray Beach. Buses were used in place of the trains.
Witnesses told responding officers they saw the unidentified woman step in front of the train as it approached the intersection.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Trump plans to release thousands of migrants in two Democratic strongholds, Florida officials say
- Ammo from crashed F-16 safely destroyed
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com