DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman is dead after being hit by a Florida commuter train.
The Palm Beach Post reports that Tri-Rail trains were stopped in both directions for several hours Wednesday afternoon around Delray Beach. Buses were used in place of the trains.
Witnesses told responding officers they saw the unidentified woman step in front of the train as it approached the intersection.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com