DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman is dead after being hit by a Florida commuter train.
The Palm Beach Post reports that Tri-Rail trains were stopped in both directions for several hours Wednesday afternoon around Delray Beach. Buses were used in place of the trains.
Witnesses told responding officers they saw the unidentified woman step in front of the train as it approached the intersection.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com