BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a woman was struck and killed by a Brightline train in Florida.
The Palm Beach Post reports the woman was hit Monday as the train traveled through Boca Raton on the Florida East Coast Railway tracks.
Boca Raton police spokeswoman Jessica Desir says the death is being investigated as an apparent suicide. Desir says she didn’t know which direction the train was traveling when it struck the woman. The woman’s identity hasn’t been released.
Brightline said in a statement that the company is working with authorities as they investigate the death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities
- Updated COVID shots are coming. Will they be too late?
Brightline is set to launch service between West Palm Beach and Miami later this summer. In preparation for the start of its service, the company has been testing its trains along the FEC line.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com