LYNN, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts woman who needs a new kidney has put up a billboard in search of a donor.
“Young mother needs a kidney blood type O,” reads the billboard put up by Miranda LeBrasseur.
The 42-year-old Lynn woman has been diabetic since she was 17 and suffers from a genetic kidney disease. The Daily Item reports that she put up the billboard after a January fundraiser because she is on a five- to six-year wait list for a new kidney. LeBrasseur says she has been on the transplant list since June 2016.
The mother of two says she spends three days a week undergoing hemodialysis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- To defend Trump, conservatives smear journalist presumed dead
The billboard will be up only until April 28, but LeBrasseur says her website and fundraising won’t stop until she finds a match.
Information from: The (Lynn, Mass.) Daily Item, http://itemlive.com