LYNN, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts woman who needs a new kidney has put up a billboard in search of a donor.
“Young mother needs a kidney blood type O,” reads the billboard put up by Miranda LeBrasseur.
The 42-year-old Lynn woman has been diabetic since she was 17 and suffers from a genetic kidney disease. The Daily Item reports that she put up the billboard after a January fundraiser because she is on a five- to six-year wait list for a new kidney. LeBrasseur says she has been on the transplant list since June 2016.
The mother of two says she spends three days a week undergoing hemodialysis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks
The billboard will be up only until April 28, but LeBrasseur says her website and fundraising won’t stop until she finds a match.
Information from: The (Lynn, Mass.) Daily Item, http://itemlive.com