LYNN, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts woman who needs a new kidney has put up a billboard in search of a donor.
“Young mother needs a kidney blood type O,” reads the billboard put up by Miranda LeBrasseur.
The 42-year-old Lynn woman has been diabetic since she was 17 and suffers from a genetic kidney disease. The Daily Item reports that she put up the billboard after a January fundraiser because she is on a five- to six-year wait list for a new kidney. LeBrasseur says she has been on the transplant list since June 2016.
The mother of two says she spends three days a week undergoing hemodialysis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- HQ Trivia co-founder dies apparently of drug overdose, police say
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
The billboard will be up only until April 28, but LeBrasseur says her website and fundraising won’t stop until she finds a match.
Information from: The (Lynn, Mass.) Daily Item, http://itemlive.com