WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — Police say a woman who was critically injured when a car crashed into a horse-drawn carriage in Maine on Christmas Day has died from her injuries.
Police say 56-year-old Kathy Marciarille, of Rome, Maine, was thrown from the carriage and run over by the car Friday in Waterville. She died Sunday at Maine Medical Center. Six other people who were injured were treated and released from hospitals.
Waterville police say the motorist, 68-year-old Richard Libby of Clinton, may have been blinded by the late-afternoon sun.
The carriage was giving rides to guests and volunteers at a Christmas dinner hosted at the Waterville Elks Lodge.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- Former US Sen. Barbara Boxer assaulted, robbed in California
- Man pleads guilty to 4 Asian spa killings, sentenced to life