WATERVILLE, Maine (AP) — Police say a woman who was critically injured when a car crashed into a horse-drawn carriage in Maine on Christmas Day has died from her injuries.
Police say 56-year-old Kathy Marciarille, of Rome, Maine, was thrown from the carriage and run over by the car Friday in Waterville. She died Sunday at Maine Medical Center. Six other people who were injured were treated and released from hospitals.
Waterville police say the motorist, 68-year-old Richard Libby of Clinton, may have been blinded by the late-afternoon sun.
The carriage was giving rides to guests and volunteers at a Christmas dinner hosted at the Waterville Elks Lodge.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The handwarming story of how Bernie Sanders got his inauguration mittens
- ‘A total failure’: The Proud Boys now mock Trump
- The woman behind Michelle Obama's instantly iconic hair
- Hank Aaron, baseball great who became voice for civil rights, dies at 86
- The final U.S. county to get COVID-19? A remote Hawaiian outpost and former leper colony