NORTH SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP) — Police say a woman crossing a street in North Smithfield has been struck and killed by a vehicle.
Police say 50-year-old Cheryl Willard was struck at about 10:30 p.m. Sunday. She was taken to Landmark Hospital in Woonsocket where she was pronounced dead.
Willard lived near where she was struck.
The driver of the vehicle was identified as 31-year-old Richard Roach, of Lincoln. He is charged with operating on a suspended license, operating on a suspended registration, operating without evidence of insurance, and operating with an expired inspection sticker,
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
The crash remains under investigation.