MEDFORD, N.J. — A New Jersey woman who thought she was helping a down-and-out man pay for his gas-station food ended up footing the bill for country music star Keith Urban.
Ruth Reed says she met Urban at a Medford Wawa ahead of his concert Friday night in Camden.
Substitute teacher Reed says she had made a resolution to help Wawa customers and jumped at the chance when the man ahead of her was short a few dollars.
Reed says he thanked her and said his name was Keith. When she remarked that he looked like Keith Urban, he said he was.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
Not believing him, Reed asked his body guard to confirm she was talking to the musician.
She says, “It was then I realized what an idiot I was.”