SHAWNEE, Kan. (AP) — Authorities have arrested and charged a Kansas man in an attempted robbery and shooting at a suburban Kansas City store.
The Johnson County District Attorney’s office announced Tuesday that 27-year-old Arthur Fred Wyatt III, of Overland Park, is charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted aggravated kidnapping and attempted aggravated robbery.
Police said a Kansas City, Kansas, woman was hit from behind by two suspects while putting her child in a car Sunday at a Wal-Mart in Shawnee. A Kansas City, Missouri, man who tried to help was shot several times.
Another good Samaritan from De Soto, Kansas, was released after fatally shooting 28-year-old John Simmons III, of Kansas City, Missouri.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- 'I shot a whole family of baboons': Idaho Fish and Game official faces fury after Africa trophy hunting boasts
Spokeswoman Kristi Bergeron declined to release more information about Wyatt’s arrest.