SHAWNEE, Kan. (AP) — Authorities have arrested and charged a Kansas man in an attempted robbery and shooting at a suburban Kansas City store.
The Johnson County District Attorney’s office announced Tuesday that 27-year-old Arthur Fred Wyatt III, of Overland Park, is charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted aggravated kidnapping and attempted aggravated robbery.
Police said a Kansas City, Kansas, woman was hit from behind by two suspects while putting her child in a car Sunday at a Wal-Mart in Shawnee. A Kansas City, Missouri, man who tried to help was shot several times.
Another good Samaritan from De Soto, Kansas, was released after fatally shooting 28-year-old John Simmons III, of Kansas City, Missouri.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked
- International travelers stranded, angry in omicron's wake: 'The first thing I did was cry'
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
Spokeswoman Kristi Bergeron declined to release more information about Wyatt’s arrest.