NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a woman has given birth to a healthy girl at the World Trade Center train station.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police say the woman, her husband and their 2-year-old son were on their way to a hospital at around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, but the baby couldn’t wait.
When police learned of the impending arrival, they quickly began preparing the concourse.
Officer Brian McGraw determined the birth was imminent and delivered the baby. It was his second delivery on the job.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- CDC quietly issues new guidance on how coronavirus spreads
- ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll
- Trump Supporters Disrupt Early Voting in Virginia
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
The newborn weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces.
She and mom were taken to a hospital.