OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) — A woman has been sentenced to 10 years of probation for stealing around $160,000 while working as bookkeeper for Ottumwa Christian School.
The Ottumwa Courier reports that 42-year-old Joni Stinson also was ordered to pay restitution and was given a suspended prison sentence of 10 years at her sentencing Thursday in Ottumwa. A restitution hearing is scheduled for April 23.
Court records show Stinson pleaded guilty to theft, after prosecutors dropped three related charges.
In court Stinson apologized to her former colleagues and acknowledged that she’d embarrassed her family and betrayed her friends.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Information from: The Ottumwa Courier, http://www.ottumwacourier.com