OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) — A woman has been sentenced to 10 years of probation for stealing around $160,000 while working as bookkeeper for Ottumwa Christian School.
The Ottumwa Courier reports that 42-year-old Joni Stinson also was ordered to pay restitution and was given a suspended prison sentence of 10 years at her sentencing Thursday in Ottumwa. A restitution hearing is scheduled for April 23.
Court records show Stinson pleaded guilty to theft, after prosecutors dropped three related charges.
In court Stinson apologized to her former colleagues and acknowledged that she’d embarrassed her family and betrayed her friends.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Information from: The Ottumwa Courier, http://www.ottumwacourier.com