OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) — A woman has been sentenced to 10 years of probation for stealing around $160,000 while working as bookkeeper for Ottumwa Christian School.
The Ottumwa Courier reports that 42-year-old Joni Stinson also was ordered to pay restitution and was given a suspended prison sentence of 10 years at her sentencing Thursday in Ottumwa. A restitution hearing is scheduled for April 23.
Court records show Stinson pleaded guilty to theft, after prosecutors dropped three related charges.
In court Stinson apologized to her former colleagues and acknowledged that she’d embarrassed her family and betrayed her friends.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Information from: The Ottumwa Courier, http://www.ottumwacourier.com