GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (AP) — A Florida woman has been given two years of probation for drowning a 3-week-old puppy in a Nebraska airport toilet.
Cynthia Anderson, of Edgewater, Florida, was sentenced Thursday in Hall County District Court in Grand Island. She pleaded no contest in May to cruelly neglecting an animal, resulting in its death. A no contest plea isn’t an admission of guilt but is treated as such for sentencing.
During Thursday’s hearing, the 57-year-old Anderson apologized for her actions and pleaded for mercy and probation.
Anderson was barred from boarding a Jan. 23 flight at the Central Nebraska Regional Airport because the puppy was so young and wasn’t properly contained.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. warns against travel to 80% of world due to coronavirus
- The 12 jurors deliberating in the trial of Derek Chauvin
- A 73-year-old with dementia took $14 of items from Walmart. Police broke her arm in a violent arrest.
- Chauvin guilty of murder and manslaughter in Floyd's death
- The pandemic gave parents the chance to work from home. Now some don't want to give it up.
Authorities say she then was seen entering the restroom. Another woman soon reported finding the Doberman puppy dead in a toilet.