WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Police say a suspect is in custody after a 42-year-old Wichita woman was found dead in her home.
Police Lt. Todd Ojile says the woman’s body was found early Tuesday. The suspect was arrested in Olathe.
Officers had been sent to the woman’s home Monday night after officers in Andover found some of her property. They left after not being able to make contact with the woman.
They returned to the home early Tuesday after Olathe police arrested the man, who was driving the woman’s car and had some of her property.
Most Read Stories
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski, 21, dies from an apparent suicide
- Amazon names 20 finalists in search for HQ2
- Take it from me, WSU athlete's death is a reminder that help is available | Matt Calkins
- Sound familiar, Seattle? Apple shops for site to build a new campus, will also add 20,000 jobs
- Police investigate reported gang rape of teen in Ballard park
Wichita officers found the woman’s body after forcing their way inside the house. Ojile said she died of blunt force trauma.
No names have been released