WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Police say a suspect is in custody after a 42-year-old Wichita woman was found dead in her home.
Police Lt. Todd Ojile says the woman’s body was found early Tuesday. The suspect was arrested in Olathe.
Officers had been sent to the woman’s home Monday night after officers in Andover found some of her property. They left after not being able to make contact with the woman.
They returned to the home early Tuesday after Olathe police arrested the man, who was driving the woman’s car and had some of her property.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
Wichita officers found the woman’s body after forcing their way inside the house. Ojile said she died of blunt force trauma.
No names have been released