NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Hank’s tweet worked. A woman named Lauren who lost her Fordham student ID has been found.
The famous actor tweeted a photo of the card on Tuesday after finding it in a park but covered up the woman’s last name with his finger.
WCBS-TV (http://cbsloc.al/1Ly0M1Q ) says it located Lauren Whitmore, a senior at the New York City university, on Tuesday. She told the station she doesn’t have a Twitter account but that one of her professors sent her a link to Twitter and said, “You’re famous.”
Whitmore says she was jogging in Central Park Monday when the card must have fallen out.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Motorcycle stunt rider Alex Harvill dies while trying to break world record in Moses Lake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- US-Canada border restrictions extended until July 21
- Supreme Court’s newest justices produce some unexpected results
- Severe heat and drought are the hallmarks of a changing West
She says if Hanks wants to return it she’ll “surely meet him to do that.”
Hanks stars in the upcoming Cold War thriller “Bridge of Spies.”
Information from: WCBS-TV, http://www.cbs2ny.com