DELTONA, Fla. (AP) — Deputies say a wife thought her husband was having an affair when she found a 22-year-old woman wearing his pajamas. Turns out the woman was just hiding from the law.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Monday that Eryn Rice slipped into the couple’s Deltona home on Sunday after escaping from a deputy who’d arrested her for shoplifting. They said she washed her clothes, showered and took a nap.
The Orlando Sentinel reports (http://goo.gl/wjjTEm ) when the 73-year-old woman first saw Rice, she thought her husband was cheating on her. The husband was playing golf; when he returned, he swore he’d never seen her before.
Not knowing she was on the run, the couple drove Rice home. Later, they contacted authorities, who arrested Rice.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Can you have alcohol after the COVID vaccine?
- After leading a 153-person hike in the Grand Canyon, a Washington health-care exec faces federal charges
- Why the world's most vaccinated country is seeing an unprecedented spike in coronavirus cases
- 4 ex-cops indicted on US civil rights charges in Floyd death
- Mom who gave birth on flight didn't know she was pregnant
Jail records didn’t list an attorney.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/