DELTONA, Fla. (AP) — Deputies say a wife thought her husband was having an affair when she found a 22-year-old woman wearing his pajamas. Turns out the woman was just hiding from the law.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Monday that Eryn Rice slipped into the couple’s Deltona home on Sunday after escaping from a deputy who’d arrested her for shoplifting. They said she washed her clothes, showered and took a nap.
The Orlando Sentinel reports (http://goo.gl/wjjTEm ) when the 73-year-old woman first saw Rice, she thought her husband was cheating on her. The husband was playing golf; when he returned, he swore he’d never seen her before.
Not knowing she was on the run, the couple drove Rice home. Later, they contacted authorities, who arrested Rice.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She was told surgery would cost about $1,300. Then the bill came: $229,000
- CDC urges adults 50 and older to get a 2nd booster
- Don’t take a rapid COVID test too soon: How and when to swab
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The angry white populist who paved the way for Trump
Jail records didn’t list an attorney.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/