LANCASTER, S.C. (AP) — A woman has found her mother dead in her home and police say they have a suspect in custody.
Local media outlets report a woman went to her mother’s home in Lancaster on Sunday after not hearing from her and found her body in a bedroom in the home.
Lancaster County Deputy Coroner Jennifer Collins said the victim was 58-year-old Mildred Burris Arnold of Lancaster.
Lancaster Police Chief Scott Grant said the death was being investigated as a homicide. Investigators said a man already in custody on other charges is a person of interest in the death. No charges have been filed yet.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them
An autopsy was planned Monday.
The State Law Enforcement Division is helping with the investigation.