WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Authorities are investigating a deadly shooting in a Wichita neighborhood.
KWCH-TV reports that police responded to the shooting early Thursday. Officers say someone from outside of the home shot at the 37-year-old woman who was inside. The woman died at the scene. Her name wasn’t immediately released.
Numerous shell casings were found outside the home.
Police say they are talking to possible witnesses and neighbors but don’t have a suspect in custody. Investigators say they aren’t sure what led up to the shooting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Information from: KWCH-TV, http://www.kwch.com/