NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A woman has fallen overboard from a cruise ship into the Gulf of Mexico while sailing from New Orleans.
Carnival Cruise Line spokesman Vance Gulliken told news outlets that a 44-year-old woman fell from the Carnival Triumph on Sunday night. The company says rescue efforts for the missing woman have been under way.
The ship was on the second day of a five-day cruise.
The name of the woman or destination of the cruise ship was not released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19