NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut woman is facing multiple animal cruelty and other charges after one of her dogs attacked four relatives.
The Hartford Courant reports 37-year-old Jessica DePaolis, of New Britain, was arrested following the Monday dog attack in which family members locked themselves in a bathroom to escape a bulldog.
Police say two children were treated at the hospital for serious injuries. They say they also found 19 other dogs infested with fleas and another dog already dead in the “unsanitary” home.
DePaolis was charged with 20 counts of cruelty to animals, two counts of risk of injury to a minor, among other infractions. She was released after posting bail and will appear in New Britain Superior Court on Feb. 8. The clerk’s office said DePaolis didn’t have a lawyer listed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
Information from: Hartford Courant, http://www.courant.com