FARMINGTON, Conn. (AP) — State police say a 24-year-old woman has died in an early morning crash in Farmington.
Police say Sherryann Jamila Haylett, of Bloomfield, was heading east on Interstate 84 at about 1:30 am. Monday when her car went off the highway, struck a guard rail and came to rest against some trees after going down a small embankment.
Haylett was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say she was not using a seat belt although the car’s airbag deployed.
No other vehicles were involved and Haylett was the only occupant of her car.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
The cause remains under investigation.