EAST GREENWICH, R.I. (AP) — Police say a 61-year-old woman has died in a late night head-on crash in East Greenwich.
The accident was reported at about 10:45 p.m. Sunday.
Responding officers found two vehicles with heavy front-end damage.
Witnesses told police that the victim’s vehicle was driving on the wrong side of the road and they had to swerve to avoid a collision. The Warwick woman was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. Her name was not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy
The second driver, a 49-year-old North Providence man, was also hospitalized. His condition was not available.
The crash is under investigation.