EAST GREENWICH, R.I. (AP) — Police say a 61-year-old woman has died in a late night head-on crash in East Greenwich.
The accident was reported at about 10:45 p.m. Sunday.
Responding officers found two vehicles with heavy front-end damage.
Witnesses told police that the victim’s vehicle was driving on the wrong side of the road and they had to swerve to avoid a collision. The Warwick woman was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. Her name was not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
The second driver, a 49-year-old North Providence man, was also hospitalized. His condition was not available.
The crash is under investigation.