EAST GREENWICH, R.I. (AP) — Police say a 61-year-old woman has died in a late night head-on crash in East Greenwich.
The accident was reported at about 10:45 p.m. Sunday.
Responding officers found two vehicles with heavy front-end damage.
Witnesses told police that the victim’s vehicle was driving on the wrong side of the road and they had to swerve to avoid a collision. The Warwick woman was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. Her name was not immediately released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
The second driver, a 49-year-old North Providence man, was also hospitalized. His condition was not available.
The crash is under investigation.