LILLINGTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 68-year-old woman has been killed in a Christmas Eve fire in her North Carolina home.
Harnett County deputies said three people in the Lillington home escaped the fire around 10:20 p.m. Sunday, but Sarah Beddingfield couldn’t get out.
Deputies said in a news release that two of the people who escaped suffered burns and one was taken to the hospital.
Authorities say Beddingfield’s husband, Ed, is the pastor of Memorial Baptist Church in Buies Creek.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 wounded in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
Deputies are trying to determine the cause of the blaze.