AKRON, Ohio (AP) — An elderly woman has died after being pulled from a burning home in northeastern Ohio.
Officials say the woman was pulled from the Akron home shortly after firefighters arrived Saturday night, but was pronounced dead early Sunday.
Authorities say a man believed to be her son was also in the home at the time but was unable to get to her. He escaped safely.
The cause of the fire has not been determined.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space