AKRON, Ohio (AP) — An elderly woman has died after being pulled from a burning home in northeastern Ohio.
Officials say the woman was pulled from the Akron home shortly after firefighters arrived Saturday night, but was pronounced dead early Sunday.
Authorities say a man believed to be her son was also in the home at the time but was unable to get to her. He escaped safely.
The cause of the fire has not been determined.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
- 'American Taliban' fighter to be released after 17 years VIEW
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Mnuchin says Tubman $20 bill design delayed past 2020
- Trump stalks out on Democrats, demands end of investigations VIEW